Monday, February 12, 2007

Snoop Semester

Last Saturday was the Good Vibrations Concert at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne. Normally I shy away from these kinds of mass band outings, because undoubtedly the whole day becomes a very tiring semester. But the late addition of Snoop Dogg to a line up which already included Jurassic 5 and The Beastie Boys was the arm-twister.

Unfortunately for me, I don't look too dissimilar to Snoop Dogg. So every half-baked, bryl-cream haired, white-singleted loser that was there wanted a photo with me. This is another topic for later discussion, but right now let's concentrate on the task at hand. Every time I went for a beer, some loser would come up to me and ask to have his photo taken with me. What started as a game ended in tears. I decided my best bet would be not to move.

I went to the bar, decided to get 2 beers so I wouldn't have to go back, then headed back to my seating area. For the record, I was reasonably off my face by this stage. Talking nonsense for the most part. I was holding both beers in one hand, one of the cans on top of the other. Unbeknownst to me, when I went to drink, the beer from the bottom can would spill all over my trousers, just in the area that would give the impression that Id done the piss of all pisses in my own pants. This wouldn't be such a big deal normally. But when I stood up I realised my error. People would come up and say "Hey it's Snoop Dogg!" Then they'd look down at my pants and say "Oh. Snoop Dogg wet his pants." To add another dimension to this story, the beer had also seeped to the rear of my pants, such that it looked like Snoop Dogg also had explosive diahrreoa at the same time.

Drop it like it's hot indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spilt beer on your pants?
Ha.
I know now why the term 'piss drunk' came about. Definitely puts the pissed in perspective.